Foreigner Information Center (☎1345)
The center provides consulting to foreigners living in the country concerning various matters to help them adapt to living in the country and offers administrative information in 20 languages (including Korean, English, Chinese, and Vietnamese) in accordance with the Framework Act on Treatment of Foreigners Residing in the Republic of Korea.
Types of assistance available
- Consulting on immigration-related matters and provision of information on living convenience
- Third-party interpretation service required when speaking to representatives of the central government, local government, public institutions, or non-profit private entities
- Third-party interpretation service for foreigners and village attorneys
How to use service
- Hours of operation
- 09:00-22:00 on week days (after 18:00, only offered in Korean, English, and Chinese)
- Dial 1345 from anywhere in Korea.
- Dial +82-1345 if you are outside of Korea.
- How to use Automatic Response Service (ARS)
- ☎1345-1: for information on immigration office locations, areas covered by each immigration office, or hours of operation
- ☎1345-2: for information on the result of your application for visa issuance
- ☎1345-3: for foreigners to report end of employment or ethnic Koreans in Korea on a Work and Visit (H-2) visa to report their workplace via fax
- ☎1345-0: to speak with a consultant
- Multi-language consulting service
- Dial 1345 → Press the number to select the language in accordance with the ARS information → Press the “*” button